Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Easy Project


"When faced with a challenge, look for a way, not a way out." ~ David Weatherford ~




Well, now that it's almost winter I figured I'd better get the central air taken care of. At least it will be ready for next year's summer weather. Actually last summer was very mild and one of the coolest on record, so I was lucky. The technician needed to put the condenser on top of the deck as he surmised the previous one burned up because it was tucked under the stairway to the three season porch. Air conditioners need open air from above but I most certainly don't want a side stage view of it on my deck, so I bought a fence panel, cut it into three sections, cut a ten foot four by four post in half, assembled the pieces and voila! Instant air conditioner screen! I spent about $100 on that project. Not bad when preassembled ones can cost $250 or more (depending on size).

"If we all did the things we are capable of doing we would literally astound ourselves." ~ Thomas Edison ~

So grateful to have an easy project for a change! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment